We use a script to export all stuff from Photoshop to 3dCutout. This script will be installed by using 3dCutout installer. For more info about installing this script, please visit How to install page.
Before export, you must regard following sync task:
- Each layer must be a bitmap layer. So convert all vector, adjustment, text layers to a bitmap layer.
- Make sure color mode is RGB.
- Delete unused layers.
- Before export, make sure canvas is not very big. Actual pixel view in Photoshop helps you to find best size and resolution. It depends on output size or details you want to show, but recommended settings for a character is: Canvas size 4096*4096 px and resolution 100 px.
- Put all layers which you want to use as a switch targets in a group and name it properly.
- Each layer from Photoshop will be an object in 3dcutout and each group will be a group in 3dCutout.
- You can define pivot point in Photoshop. Create an empty layer and name it "Pivot". Paint a circle in it. Location of the circle will be pivot point of underneath layer.
After you prepared file to export, go to the File menu/scripts/PSL_Exporter.
Exporter will exports files as PSL format. Depend on file size it takes a time to export. When export was finished, you can import PSL file inside 3dCutout by using Asset Generators.